- These classes are not part of a formal school. They are offered by the individual teachers to support the homeschooling community. For information or to register for specific classes, contact the instructors themselves. Please do not call Lilburn Alliance Church--they are only providing the place for us to meet.
- Classes are filled on first-come, first-served basis.
- Each student must have a medical release/liability waiver form filled out with each instructor. Thank you for patience with the paperwork! We want to make sure every child has emergency information available to each supervising adult. These forms should be sent with the registration form and fees. You may include multiple children in your family per form, but each teacher needs her own form.
- Supervised lunch areas are provided for students who have classes before and after lunchtime. Lunch for elementary and middle school is upstairs in the Treehouse. Lunch for high school is in Fellowship Hall. If there is a parent eating with a child, the child may eat wherever the parent is.
Elementary classes are for children in grades 4-6.
Jr. High School classes are for children in grades 7-8.
High School classes are for children in grades 9-12.
Those students whose ages do not match the traditional age ranges are subject to the teacher's approval if their ages vary more than a year from the norm.
Eastside Academic Studies Behavior and Discipline Policy
Eastside Academic Studies seeks to honor God and serve families. Teachers agree to create an atmosphere of respect and discipline, and students who do not fit into this atmosphere are challenged to change their behavior or leave the classes. Several areas in particular merit disciplinary action:
- Misuse of Lilburn Alliance Church property--classes are held in good faith that those involved will respect and preserve the campus and its furnishings. Any misuse of property will require parents of guilty students to pay for repairs and/or replacements needed. Students may then be asked to leave classes at Eastside, depending on the seriousness or frequency of the infraction.
- Behavior while on the Eastside campus--Students should conduct themselves modestly and appropriately. The primary purpose of the classes is to instruct students in various subjects, and any behavior that distracts any student from learning, whether during or between classes, may be questioned by the teachers and staff. Students will either amend their behavior or be asked to leave classes. This behavior includes how adults or students are respected, what clothing students choose to wear, public displays of affection, choice of activities between classes, and other matters that may distract from the learning and moral environment. If a student is required to withdraw from Eastside classes due to behavior issues, registration fees and tuition paid to that point will not be refunded.
- Supervised lunch areas are provided for students who have classes before and after lunchtime. If there is a parent eating with a child, the child may eat wherever the parent is.
- If a seventh grade or older student does not have a class a particular period but must wait for a later class to begin, he will be enrolled in study hall for a fee of $25 per semester, payable to the supervisor on duty. Each child will be monitored so that he has a quiet, supervised place to work. If a parent chooses to stay with a child, the family is not charged the study hall fee.
- Laptop computers and some other electronic devices such as tablets are always subject to supervision of instructors and study hall monitors. Teachers and study hall monitors reserve the right to access such devices at all times in order to monitor appropriateness of material. Sharing information (e.g. students looking over the shoulders of those using computers) with other students on campus is not allowed unless this is in the direct presence of an instructor who has knowledge of what is being done on the computer. If instructors see anything they deem inappropriate, the student will be advised and the student's device may be confiscated until a parent picks it up from a designated adult.
- Cell phones are allowed to be carried at all times, but content shared involving the Internet or sharing of photos and video is also under the jurisdiction of instructors and supervisors. Instructors and monitors may decide what their policies are concerning cell phone usage.
- Timely pick up of students by parents--Parents must pick up their children within 10 minutes of the end of the class the student has completed. Eastside cannot become the overseer of students after their last classes of the day, for their safety and out of respect of the church staff and Eastside Academic Studies teachers. Parents who have not arranged pick up of their children may be asked to pay up to $1 per minute they are late. Habitually late pick-ups can lead to families being asked to leave the program due to safety and monitoring issues. Study hall is available for students who need to wait between classes for their next class.
- Students must have written parental permission to leave the premises with other students. This permission must be on their person.
- No child can be left unsupervised by either a parent or supervisor at any time on any part of the Eastside campus.
with us in an informal place; bring your ideas and consider others from women
who are happy to share about empty nesting.
Tuesday, July 17, at 1:00 p.m. at Alcove Coffeehouse
4615 Stone Mountain Hwy, Lilburn, GA 30047 https://www.alcovecoffeehouse.com/
Eastside Enrollment is open. The registration fee is $55/student/class. You can follow the instructions in the Registration tab to enroll your student in classes.
We are still accepting applications for Student Council. This is a wonderful opportunity to exhibit leadership abilities and to contribute to the Eastside Student Body.
You can view and download pictures from the Spring Masquerade Formal in the Galleries section of this website.
Visit our Facebook group, Eastside Academic Studies, and join the conversation at www.facebook.com/groups/eastsideacademicstudies/