Announcement: Eastside Creative Writing Club Thursday Jan 16
Thursday, January 16, 2020, 2:30 – 4:00 pm
Tea will be provided, please bring a snack to share.
● make name tags
● hand out notebooks - notebooks are for homework and in-club writing. Please bring your notebook to each club meeting.
● get to know one another - Favorite genres? Favorite authors? Happy/Mad/Sad exercise, What do you love about writing? What do you hope for this club?
● establish respect agreements for our club
● establish rotating snack schedule. Beverages will be provided by club sponsor.
● discuss the Spring semester plans for writing club
● “Homework” assignment - read and research these 10 types of poetry (https://www.bookbub.com/blog/types-of-poetry-forms) Pick one of the following types (Acrostic, Haiku, or Ode), and write one on the topic of your choice. Also find one example written by a published poet. Bring your poem and a copy of the published author’s poem to our next club meeting.
Contact: Malaika Wells at email@example.com